You speak english? You are genealogy addicted? You want to hear about new genealogy stuff? – You are predestined to get an sub on the Genealogy Guys Podcast!
The Genealogy Guys are George G. Morgan and Drew Smith and are the first who published a genealogy podcast. The Genealogy Guys are on air since september 2005! Last week I got my first copy of the podcast and enjoyed it on my iPhone … This podcast is a good way to hear the latest news of genealogy and relax by the way …
A sneak preview of episode 192 …
- Ancestry.com has released enhanced digital images of the U.S. federal censuses.
- The Library of Michigan crisis continues with a smaller budget, effectively coming out of the collection development budget, and an anticipated 20% budget cut in 2010-2011.
- The national Archives (TNA) of the UK has unveiled a new look and new address for its online educational services athttp://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk/education. There are more materials there, plus podcasts and booking access to videoconferences and virtual classes.
- The Public Record Office of Northern Ireland (PRONI) has uploaded the Ulster Street Directories (1819-1900) athttp://www.proni.gov.uk.
- The Irish Family History Foundation has released parish and statutory records transcriptions for County Londonderry at http://derry.brsgenealogy.com.
- Ancestral Atlas has released a collection of Irish Townland Maps at http://www.ancestralatlas.com.